Bloody Brexit

I consider myself cleared up and well and truly told...:mrgreen: But I hope that you get my point that cheap air flights and mobile phone calls are not a good reason to remain in the EU
Lol, never said they are good reasons! Was asked what sensible things the EU had done for us and I answered :) Nothing more, nothing less Mister.
Ooooo.... Get you!

Sponsored Links
What the Euro troughers have scammed makes our MP's seem like rank amateurs, pinching a few coppers
And two wrongs make a right how exactly....?
No, two wrongs don't make a right but my point is that we should rely on Euro troughers because our own MP's have been caught with their fingers in the till is not a good argument because the Euros are really creaming it in... At the very worst, leaving the EU means we are removing one layer of thieves, and that is before we get to their ample salaries and perks...We pay for them but they certainly don't work for us and don't even pretend to
That's hopeful, lets just hope that the opposite doesn't happen and that without the EU, our MP's run amok and get even more greedy. After all, they can make the rules up now, all of them. Voting never seems to change nowt.

I consider myself cleared up and well and truly told...:mrgreen: But I hope that you get my point that cheap air flights and mobile phone calls are not a good reason to remain in the EU
Lol, never said they are good reasons! Was asked what sensible things the EU had done for us and I answered :) Nothing more, nothing less Mister.
Ooooo.... Get you!
Does that mean you finally have?!! :)
No, not really... Cheap air flights are not sensible when you consider how much CO2 all these extra planes produce....Assuming you believe in man made global warming which I was under the impression that the EU was trying to combat by indirectly making our energy overpriced... Cheap air flights, dear energy, especially for those who can least afford it...

Sponsored Links
Nah, don't believe in man made global warming. Anyway, hasn't the ozone layer returned to normal now, or pretty much?

Cheap air flights are great, even if I did believe in global warming (or climate change as it's now known) sod the next generation or two, I won't be around by then! (y) (that was a joke by the way!)

Equal Pay Act 1970?
A trigger cause for the introduction of the legislation ... also paved the way for the UK's entry to the European Community, helping to bring it towards conformity with Article 141 of the Treaty of Rome, which says that 'each Member State shall ensure that the principle of equal pay for male and female workers for equal work or work of equal value is applied.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal_Pay_Act_1970

Holidays with Pay act 1938?
The provisions of the Act have largely been replaced by the European Working Time Directive enacted by Statutory Instrument SI1998|1833 - Working Time Regulations 1998

Sale of Goods Act 1979?...
The Sale of Goods Act no longer applies in UK law. This has been replaced by the Consumer Rights Act

UK regulations for Maternity leave are actually more generous 26 weeks than the EU demand 14 weeks....
Yes but they are no longer protected by EU.

It could also be argued that cheap air flights are environmentally counter productive..
It could be argued that higher wages are bad for your health. :rolleyes:
And before roaming charges are brought up, I wonder how relaxing your holiday is when you are trying to relax by the pool with some Orange Dorris from Essex is screeching down the phone to her pal in the UK about how drunk she got last night and how many blokes she shagged... ..
You just did. :rolleyes:

Obviously the acts that I have listed are no longer in force...We are in the EU and EU laws have replaced UK laws... It doesn't mean that the UK weren't pioneers in such laws and had we not joined the EU they would most likely have evolved as the country developed... To suggest that we owe all laws that protect us to the EU is just silly

Oh, I have just noticed who I am replying to..... Silly is to be expected from you.

Sponsored Links
Back