Bloody Brexit

Obviously the acts that I have listed are no longer in force...We are in the EU and EU laws have replaced UK laws... It doesn't mean that the UK weren't pioneers in such laws and had we not joined the EU they would most likely have evolved as the country developed... To suggest that we owe all laws that protect us to the EU is just silly

Oh, I have just noticed who I am replying to..... Silly is to be expected from you.
Equal Pay Act was necessary to join EU. It was badly worded, requiring equal pay for equal work. See the catch?
The Working Time Directive goes so much further than the Holidays Pay Act ever did. See the clue in the titles?
We did have some influence in the EU inaugurating, driving and guiding some regulations, that's never been denied. The Consumer Rights Act is a perfect example where our requirements in Consumer Rights were transmitted throughout EU, protecting UK citizens at home and abroad in EU, and EU citizens in UK.
Additionally, none of those laws are protected by the EU after we've Brexited, and they can be rescinded.

Sponsored Links
It is indeed peculiar that some people feel that a nation state like Britain ought to be beholden to a higher power that 'protects', or rather 'insists upon', it's laws; as if Wesminster should be little more than an oversized local council, unable to write or re-write its laws by ancient democratic process, without the permission of a foreign (but only European) overseer. Baffling.

Sponsored Links
The Consumer Rights Act is a perfect example where our requirements in Consumer Rights were transmitted throughout EU, protecting UK citizens at home and abroad in EU, and EU citizens in UK.

Yeh. I remember how that helped me get a refund on some faulty clothing I bought last year in Spain. Not.
Not only inventing arguments, but inventing quotes that I've never written or thought of.
How low will you sink in order to try to score a childish point?

So - clearly an error, then.
Obviously not done on purpose as easily disproved.
Not even a controversial remark in the quotes - unless you are extremely proud of actually getting a refund.

Don't be such an irritating, pompous ass.

Do you really not appreciate how obnoxious your behaviour is?

The Consumer Rights Act is a perfect example where our requirements in Consumer Rights were transmitted throughout EU, protecting UK citizens at home and abroad in EU, and EU citizens in UK.

Yeh. I remember how that helped me get a refund on some faulty clothing I bought last year in Spain. Not.
Not only inventing arguments, but inventing quotes that I've never written or thought of.
How low will you sink in order to try to score a childish point?

Don't understand, seriously. I bought a shirt in a small outlet in Albir (costa blanca) last year. It was nffp and I returned it later same day.
Won't bore you with the details but the CRA didn't help. That's not invented but fact. Also what quotes did I invent? You're nuts mate. I simply stated some facts and you come back with that.

You messed up your quotes and accidentally attributed what you said to him. As EFL said it was obvious what you meant but that didn't stop him trying to use your mistake to somehow try to prove something. The man's a grade 1 t*t, or more accurately...a f*cking weasel.. (nice one lmb)

I apologize for that. I would not do that on purpose. I simply wanted to explain that Himmi was talking sh!t. I wouldn't change his text to do that. He's more than capable.

I apologize for that. I would not do that on purpose. I simply wanted to explain that Himmi was talking sh!t. I wouldn't change his text to do that. He's more than capable.
No, neither would any of the other RWRs:
... ..
A bit of nasty misquoting there by altering the quotes!
Only a real hero would see the need to do this , Fire and Ice you're my hero. Not my words.
I could easily twist gasbags comments and misquote him to reveal his inability to hold a sensible discussion. But why would I? I don't need to do! He's done it himself, without prompting or provocation!

Then why did you - YOU - bring my political leanings into the argument? Why did you write a whole lot of presumptions about me, like I was jealous about money?
This is getting rather tedious.
I say something, you misinterpret it and misquote it.

You've proven, beyond all doubt, that you haven't a clue what you're talking about.
Use your vote, you haven't got the intelligence to hold a discussion, using lies, untruths, misquotes and make-believe ideas!

Oh it seems to be a regular trick to try to ridicule another by inventing something that they've said.
It's probably because they can't sensibly respond to the argument on the table so they invent a new one. :rolleyes:
Then they throw all sorts of accusations, insults and four-letter expletives around. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Wow, that took you some time, going back through old posts to find that - and am not even sure why you did it, not even relevant right now. You're a very very sad man with nothing better to do with his time.
**** off Himmy.

Wow, that took you some time, going back through old posts to find that -
Yep about 14 hours, or maybe I was doing other stuff in the meantime. o_O

and am not even sure why you did it, not even relevant right now.
Understandable.

You're a very very sad man with nothing better to do with his time.
And your use of your time is better spent? :rolleyes:

**** off Himmy.
Usual resort to four-letter expletives because reason has deserted you. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back