Blue or Gold card

....it`s worse than that, without a card you do not get on any site involving a government or local authority contract, most private contracts have also followed suit.

"

funny you should say that but when I was working for the firm subbing to Corillian we didn't have cards and it was definately a government job , an army barracks, and yet our lack of cards was picked up by no one.

Sponsored Links
Hi to all, new here.

Site work is getting worse isn't it, CSCS, Health and Safety going mad, Dust extractor on power tools, Pat testing to pay for and all this for awful money at the moment. Moan over, Happy Christmas :)

....it`s worse than that, without a card you do not get on any site involving a government or local authority contract, most private contracts have also followed suit.

"

funny you should say that but when I was working for the firm subbing to Corillian we didn't have cards and it was definately a government job , an army barracks, and yet our lack of cards was picked up by no one.

....quite agree - no one checks them,

....but

at tender stage it is one of the requirements and contractually you ought to be thrown off site

it`s a scam no one really dare challenge

....now wheres those mince pies??????????

Happy xmas everybody

"

....quite agree - no one checks them,

....but

at tender stage it is one of the requirements and contractually you ought to be thrown off site

it`s a scam no one really dare challenge

....now wheres those mince pies??????????

Happy xmas everybody

to be honest I'd have thrown the company off site for their **** poor organisation let alone any failure with the card system but that's another story :LOL:
Happy christmas to you too

Sponsored Links

That link is a scam I reckon.

Here is the link to the legitimate cscs website which gives the proper description to each colour of card..
http://www.cscs.uk.com/cards/types-of-cards/

You can't teach or train common sense into an individual which is what these cards are about. That comes with experience and can't be instilled or proved with a piece of plastic.

So just a means of generating revenue off the backs of hardworking tradesmen and still a scam at the end off the day.

The biggest joke is sitting a full day in a portacabin listening (ok sleeping) to some guy waffle about site safety when you can dismiss 100% of what he says as irrelevant to your own vast knowledge.

Thing is.........

If I have an NVQ or City and Guilds and that is deemed to be a suitable qualification for working on site then why do I need another card to prove it?

Why can't I just show them the original qualification????????

They just want your thirty quid.....or I am missing something....

It's the same with the JIB card. I spent 2 years getting my C&G 2330 and 17th edition. Alot of firms only take JIB sparkys and Im not a sparky has I don't have NVQs so I can only get a JIB labourer card. I do have a blue CSCS card in joinery as I did a 6 month course to get my NVQ level 2 in joinery. Yes it took me 6 months to become a joiner.

It cost's £1019.47 for a gold card

W.T.F,
b.loody hell.ive got c&g and advanced craft have held that for near on 25 years.in my area we were 1 of the last groups to do advanced as they bought in nvq's.and in that time when i used to work on site i was never asked to show my proof.within an hour they know whether your any good or not.
iirc wasnt there meant to be a reassurance of c&g as they thought it was better?

It's the same with the JIB card. I spent 2 years getting my C&G 2330 and 17th edition. Alot of firms only take JIB sparkys and Im not a sparky has I don't have NVQs so I can only get a JIB labourer card. I do have a blue CSCS card in joinery as I did a 6 month course to get my NVQ level 2 in joinery. Yes it took me 6 months to become a joiner.

so if im reading this correctly?
you are infact according to what ever law thats out there you are far more employable then i am because you have a card that you got for doing 6 mths of training where as ive been involved with carpentry and joinery/preservation since the age of 18(im 44 now :cry: )and it took me 2 years on c&g and 1 year for advanced craft certificate.

no disrespect to you buddy but its a bloody joke.

i work with a couple of sparks 1 has certificates coming out of his backside and is a member of various organizations where as the other 1 who is iirc 70 iirc think he went up to 14th or 15th edition :rolleyes: can all honestly run rings round the younger chap purely just with his experience, :LOL: rather funny when 1 cant figure something out gives a call to the other 1 and within a couple of mins has sorted out the problem.and they are both cracking sparks(that really hurts me to admit that :) )

Sponsored Links
Back