Bluetooth

I had a full head of hair a few days ago
Yeah? So did we. ;)

roch bar 1 system, I was looking at a few lgs but roch are dedicated speaker manufactures so are master of one trade,
.... which in your mind automatically makes them experts in digital amplification and wireless audio too? Sorry, just being Devil's Advocate.

The fact is that Roth has been in the business of making passive speakers since 2007, and products with integrated electronic such as soundbars and digital radios since 2011. So don't get too carried away with the "master of the art" thing. The company was established by the ex-Managing Director of the UK arm of Harmon Kardon, not by the ex-chief designer of an established speaker manufacturer. You can decide for yourself whether the heart of the company is in design or financials.

I also worry about anything that relies on a continuous wireless connection. All this gear uses the same overcrowded frequency band as wireless routers, DECT cordless phones, video senders, Bluetooth, AirPlay, baby monitors, wireless CCTV cams etc etc. Crowded, and it doesn't support unlimited device connections. Also, don't get me started on how much junk the average microwave dumps in to the spectrum to knock out everything connected with channels using the bottom 1/3rd of the frequency range. It's not as glamorous and techno-whizzy sounding as wireless, but a bit of wire is by far the simplest and most robust way to connect. It's your choice at the end of the day. Go with what you think is right.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back