BMW alloy wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just bought a 3 Series BMW coupe with 17" alloys but want to upgrade to 18" but they are £2500 for genuine BMW alloys. I am looking at buying a set of non genuine M3 EVO 2 which are £645.

Can anybody tell me me if they have purchased non genuine alloys and what the quality was like and fit?

Sponsored Links
Suggest you post on some other site like "Ihavemoremoneythansense.com"

Only penniless tradesmen on here

:D :D :D :D

Hello mate,

Replica alloys will be far inferior to OEM ones, which on a BMW are usually BBS and high quality, esecially the M3 variants.

The paint/laquer will not be as good, but the main concern would be the extra weight of the wheels next to OEM ones, which is the main reason for alloys in the first place, apart from asthetics !!! the reps will also be not as strong as original ones.

However, £645 is very tempting next to £2.5k, but it depends how much you paid for the car, I personally wouldn't stick £600 wheels on a £20k motor and I wouldn't stick £2.5k wheels on a £5k motor.

I would say, keep your eyes peeled on fleabay, if you set on original alloys.

Swelec, As for tradesmen being poor, your having a laugh mate !!! I've yet to meet a poor sparky !!!!

Sponsored Links
As above really but also in the event of an accident I have seen some horrific damage to replica wheels.

What about some Mv 2's or equivalent. I am not sure what 3 series you are putting them on but they will fit E36 and E46 cars and can be sought in 18".

Fleabay is your friend :D

========================
please see forum rule 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back