BMW320 E46 2001

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
the front passenger window on my car is giving me problems..

i have no issue lowering the window but it struggles to close. any time i try to close/raise it back up, it struggles, very slowly and sometimes stops completely in the middle of it. i leave it for a while and try again and it will very slowly close. there was one instance i had to help it up by pulling it a bit.

its never an issue though lowering/opening the window.

can someone please help me with what might be wrong and how easy it is to fix. i suspect the motor but then again it could be the regulator.

how difficult is it to change these and any links to videos will be appreciated.

how do i disconnect the airbag without causing errors on the dashboard?

thank you very much

Sponsored Links
The regulators do fail and tighten up, the aftermarket cheap ones you can buy are not very good so i would recommend looking for a good condition used oem part.
There are some good guides online if you have a search, its not difficult but a bit fiddly getting the regulator in and out.
Disconnecting the battery for 10 mins beforehand is usually recommended to stop any airbag problems, you can just move the airbag module out of the way on these as well so no real need to disconnect it.

Sponsored Links
Back