Boat project :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
bought a boat in the winter and we have been doing her up.
heres a few pics of her :) nealy ready.
bought it for £300 but its was a mess.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
lol sorry i tought i had pictures of it but i dont have any yet. next time im down there ill get some

I managed to get a few pics but it looks a little messy. :p it’s the 1st time ive messed with little boats (not ships :LOL: ) but I think its starting to look good, here’s a pic of the 2 little cabins on it.

DSC00798.jpg

DSC00799.jpg

DSC00791.jpg

DSC00792.jpg

i made the door on the left the door on the right i let my brother make :LOL:

DSC00794.jpg

DSC00795.jpg
[/url]

DSC00796.jpg

DSC00811.jpg

I just need to fit the rest of the electrics it all runs off 2 12v truck batteries with 2 solar panels I bought off eBay that I need to fit, it says it will keep the batteries charged but I am not too sure they can do the job ill find out when I fit them :LOL: also I have a air horn coming from eBay that plays the dukes of hazard tune :LOL: ive got some 12v led lights to fit in the roof and a 12v TV to fit. I am no boat builder so maybe carpeting the walls and floor may have been a bad idea

:LOL: :LOL: things you do when the buildibg tread is on its ass :D :D to be honest its realy tested my joinery skils out and electric skills the solar panels are 12w + 2 are 4.9w so its nearly 2 amps per hour going into the batttery every hour but ive got a jenny

have you considdered a wind turbine?
it'll charge as you move, and on those cloudy days.. if it's at the coast it's always windy there..

Nope but these solar panels are crap so we have got a good genny lol it dose 230 110 and 12v but i've only got 12v stuff on there. Its nearly done now we have a kitchen lol and just need to make a few more doors for here and there and the boat safety guy comes round tomorrow and might give us a boat MOT :rolleyes: lets hope it passes at £130 a time if it fails.when i've finished ill post pics of the final boat.

A few more pictures.

DSC00016.jpg

DSC00023.jpg

DSC00015.jpg

DSC00024.jpg

DSC00027.jpg

DSC00009.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00007.jpg

DSC00012.jpg

DSC00013.jpg

Not aot to do now their is a little hole on the hill to fiberglass fill then im putting her back in the water.

seeing it has a British Waterways number i presume you are going to use it on the canals.
if so you may be interested in joining the forum on Canal World Discussion Forum, we are a friendly bunch on there most of us have boats or had boats.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back