Boiler: Alpha HE CB25/33 No Power

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Greetings all, thanks for reading!

I have a Alpha HE CB25/33 Boiler and it recently stopped working. there are two lights on the front, one is for faults (A) and one represents the power (B, flashes/5secs for 'on', constant when in use (running water etc) and rapid blink for a temp sensor fault)

NEITHER of these lights are lit, and no amount of turning the dials has any effect. i have followed the instruction manuals directions for resetting it etc but nothing is happening!

The pressure is set to perfectly in the middle of the green area on the dial (it moves fine, not a jammed dial)

It appears entirely as if there is no power reaching the unit. However all the fuses (including the houses main fuses) are fine, i have checked them all.

Turning the power off and back on has had no effect.

Please help!!

Thanks in advance
Bob

Sponsored Links
How is the boiler connected to the electric? If it's by a cable and plug going into a socket check/ replace the plug's fuse which should be 3amp or if it's connected to a fused spur/outlet check/replace the 3amp fuse in that.

After doing the above and the fuse is ok and still no power to the boiler then you have to get someone/you to check whether there's power going to the boiler's connector block inside the boiler however unless you know what your doing then I would advise you to get someone who does, to go inside the boiler and test for power.

There is a board protection fuse and a fuse before the circuit board where the mains cable enters the Boiler. However, if any of these fuses have blown then there most probably has been a component failure, like the Pump, Gas valve or the Fan, any one of these could have blown a fuse and need checking before replacing fuses.
Please get someone in who knows what they are doing, Alpha parts are quite expensive and there is no room in a budget for guess work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back