boiler error code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a protherm 80, which shuts down and is intermittently showing an F1 error, it can be 3 or 4 days or twice in a day, it can happen either with the heating on or off.
the book it says no flame detected. check flame sense electrode/ignition electrode. ignition unit on gas valve, fan and overheat thermostat.
i assume the first two when trying to reignite, would result in either flame would'nt stay in or it would'nt relight? is that correct?
the fan is alright and i don't need to reset the thermostat.
how do i check the ignition on the gas valve? or could it be something else?
it always starts first time with the reset button

Sponsored Links
And a CORGI registered engineer too, one hopes!

thanks for the quick replys. why do i need an engineer? which part is the problem

Sponsored Links
Firstly, most ignition faults are on parts that need a CORGI !

Secondly, without being on site to test the boiler its impossible for us to tell you. In any case it might not be a part as such but a gas setting.

Suppose I told you that it night be the gas valve! What would you do next?

Tony

thanks agile. just depends,if it is fitting a replacement and testing system for a leak,i would do it myself.if it was more involved and needed some sort of setup,but someone would tell me,i would do it myself, but if it needs some equpment i hav'nt got i would have to get someone in.

thanks agile. just depends,if it is fitting a replacement and testing system for a leak,i would do it myself.if it was more involved and needed some sort of setup,but someone would tell me,i would do it myself, but if it needs some equpment i hav'nt got i would have to get someone in.

And therefore, if it was a gas-carrying part, you would be acting illegaly and suppose an error on your part killed your family through carbon monoxide poisoning?...You would feel pretty bad about that I guess; although it would give you something to occupy your mind during those lonely nights in the slammer.

Sorry to sound harsh but the above posts are spot on, if it won't work after having pressed the re-set button, you are now outside the remit of "user serviceable" and need to call in a properly qualified, CORGI registered engineer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back