Boiler fires up and then goes out repeatedly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My ferolli boiler occasionally suffers a fault whereby it will fire up and go out, fire up and go out and so on and so on. This used to be just when there was a call for hot water but have now noticed it does it when the central heating is running. I have had the manafacturers engineer out who doesn't seem to be able to permanently rectify the problem citing several causes ranging from, dodgy flue, poor flow rate etc. Any suggestions??

Sponsored Links
I would just like to ask you to check the flue elbow is on right ,is it the squarish type screws down in each corner

Have worked on ferrolis with similar problem and found the same causes your engineer quoted. When you go fault finding and you see a boiler that has not been serviced properly, rads and pipes full of carp and the pump half dead, it is kind of hard to tell which of the problems is causing which fault.

Sponsored Links
I am disappointed that the manufacturer's engineer was apparently unable to identify the problem.

Why dont you call them again and complain???

Tony

Try taking the casing off, if it works ok suspect the flue joints

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back