Boiler fitting cost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are looking to replace our old boiler and just want the new one to sit exactly where the existing one is...can anyone give me an idea of how much it would cost?.....we will buy the boiler ourselves

Sponsored Links
£750-£2500. Impossible to be more accurate without more information I'm afraid.

Buying the boiler yourself is rarely a good move - if there's a problem with it, it's going to be up to you to sort it and this could very quickly result in an increase in costs whilst your installer waits for you to deal with the issue. Have you chosen a boiler yet, or are you looking for advice on what is most suitable as a replacement for what you have?

From experience not many installers of items will fit things unless they provide it. For instance if you provide a boiler that turns out to be faulty after the person has fitted it you will probably be reluctant to pay them even though they have wasted their time fitting it for you.

I had a like for like boiler installed recently in the same place I had quotes from £3500 (British gas) to £1600 (local fitter)

No decent installer will install a boiler which you supply without a detailed contract that it is up to you to rectify any faults or missing components just get a price to supply and install the boiler of your choice

Sponsored Links
The boiler im thinking of is the baxi duo tec combi.....i currently have a halstead ace high running 7 radiators. The boiler is from screwfix and it was them that advised me on which boiler to get based on the number of radiators we currently have

The reason we are replacing the boiler is because when the dial is switched to hot water ...after a few minutes or sometimes a few hours it automatically turns on the central heating. Now we have to turn off the bolier completely then turn it back on when we need either hot water or heating.

I would respectfully suggest you allow the installer to supply and fit your boiler for peace of mind after installation with warranty etc, and you won't save much money. The Duotec is not a bad boiler.

I would respectfully suggest you allow the installer to supply and fit your boiler for peace of mind after installation with warranty etc, and you won't save much money. The Duotec is not a bad boiler.

Thanks for your help...ill take your advice and look for someone to supply and fit

Thanks
Peter

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back