Boiler flue through a cavity wall with insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We would like to move our boiler flue (which looks horrible coming through the kitchen window), so it goes through the outside wall. The problem is it is a cavity wall filled with insulation- tiny grey (polysterene?) granules/beads. Is this a problem?

Sponsored Links
Can't get hold of my gas safe engineer and need an answer urgently. About to order my kitchen units :)

Sponsored Links
not a problem. when the new hole is cored for the new flue then some fibreglass can be inserted to stop beads contacting flue/ falling out. then once its plastered and cemented up its sealed.

Sometimes.......

Razor I used to inspect flues after cavity wall insulation had been installed for a local company who had fecked up and drilled through a Chimney and filled it with insulation and the HSE made it a condition that a GSR had to inspect all their installations , I went to one and the new lad had forgot to fill the adhesive tank and was just blowing dry bead into the cavity you should have seen it the whole bloody street was covered, it looked like it was snowing and the house was an absolute mess with the stuff

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back