Boiler heating not firing up when Drayton SCR green light clicks on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Thanks for your time.

I have Drayton Digistat +3RF, the SCR and the wiring/trunking was removed from the wall to make way for the plasterer to do his thing. I feel that this has been wired up wrong when it was put back on the wall.

The problem is that when the digistat sends a signal to the SCR calling for heat the green light clicks on indicating a demand for heating. Normally the boiler would fire seconds later and the radiators would get warm.

This no longer happens. It has been commissioned correctly.

I have attached two photos showing the wiring in the boiler and at the SCR plate.

Is there an obvious wiring discrepancy here?

Thanks

SCR wiring.JPG
Boiler wiring.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The receivers are pretty flaky, put a wire link between 1 & 3 and see if it comes on then. If it does you need a new receiver

Sponsored Links
I would appreciate any helpful responses, does anyone know if the wiring is correct? That was my original question.

The only two people to reply haven't got a clue

I'm sure you're very knowledgeable, no offense intended (I haven't got a clue) but as you haven't supplied a constructive response to my question the reasonable assumption is that you don't know the answer

Ollski did post a constructive response. I posted a lighthearted affirmation of it whilst waiting for the manuals for your boiler to download to my mobile so I could check something.

Good job I'm not clueless otherwise I wouldn't have been able to identify the boiler by the picture because you didn't bother to mention it.

No offence may have been meant, but it was caused.

I can assume much from your username and language. But I choose not to post them.

Lol ok then silly me giving you fault finding when you wanted an answer. No.

The answer is that it is wired up correctly, I've found the photo I took before it was removed.

Time to call a plumber.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back