Boiler keeps on dropping pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a worcester greenstar 24i system bolier

just over the past few months the pressure has started to drop, as now i have to top it up every couple of days

i've just been below the floorboards on mr ground floor, but i can't see any wetness, i've also checked the pressure relief pipe, it's also dry, i can't see any marks of water on my ceiling, so unsure where the water will be going to????

any ideas before i call in my boiler cover folks

cheers

Sponsored Links
Pressure vessel perhaps - if failed/empty, the water will be forced out of the pressure relief pipe when hot, and will therefore evaporate quickly.
The pressure loss would only be noticed when the system had cooled some time later, by which time the pipe would have dried out.

Either that or there is a leak somewhere you can't see.

Pressure vessel perhaps - if failed/empty, the water will be forced out of the pressure relief pipe when hot, and will therefore evaporate quickly.
The pressure loss would only be noticed when the system had cooled some time later, by which time the pipe would have dried out.

cheers, i've got a wee bit of info about putting a wee bit of pressure on the boiler and closing the flow/return gate valves to see if it's the boiler, open and to see if it's the pipework
i'll give this a try today

Sponsored Links

spot on with your post there, had 2bar pressure, when the system switched on, the pressure went up to 3bar and some system water bypassed throught the PRV.

the boiler maintenance cover guy is coming out today, at least ti know what to say to him

cheers :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back