Boiler losing pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I am having problems with our ARISTON Combi A 24 MFFI boiler. It has been losing pressure and cutting out. I guess it cuts out cause it has lost pressure. An error code comes up E 02. which means 'Pump Protect'. So, I am guessing that to protect the pump it is cutting out when it loses pressure. I have located a leak on one of the radiators and intend to replace it. However I did isolate the radiator, well at least I thought I did. One side of the rad has a TRV fitted. I asumed that when turned to the off position that this would turn the valve all the way down, totally cutting off water into the rad. Is this correct? I ought to add that I did turn off the valve at the other side of the rad too. I thought that this action would stop the system losing pressure and cutting out, but no. Woke up this morning, no heating, no hot water. Re pressured the boiler and when I got back 8 hours later it had dropped right down into the red on the gauge, almost no pressure.
Any help would be much appriciated
Thanks DG

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back