Boiler Pilot light on and off every 2 mins Potterton Suprima 70HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have recently moved to a new house. It is a Victorian 4 bedroom home over 3 floors (bedroom and bathroom in the loft space). The boiler seems to be taking a long time to heat our ground floor. Until recently it was taking 20-25 mins for the ground floor rads to start getting warm. We balanced the rads from top to bottom which didn't really help. I have had an engineer out who thought it might be the pump. He changed it and yes the rads get hotter slightly quicker but I think we have multiple problems.
The main issue right now is that when the CH and/or HW is switched on, the boiler will stay on for a max of 40 mins and then go off and go through a cycle for the rest of the evening with the pilot light going on and off every 90-120 secs or so. Is this normal? The ground floor temperature will start at something like 15 degrees and it will take 3-4 hours to reach 20 degrees. The room thermostat is set at 20 degrees but it doesn't stop at that, it will just keep going if we leave the boiler running. We have also noticed a significant drop in CH performance if the HW is also running at the same time. Is this normal?
The boiler is 20kw gross output - is this enough for our size of house?
If anyone can guide me as to what the problem might be I would be most grateful.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back