Boiler pressue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we had our boiler serviced over the summer with no issues. Hot water has been fine. We put the heating on for the first time a couple of weeks ago, it was fine but when it came to the following day we realised the pressure had dropped (no hot water). We sorted this and all well again but did not need to use the heating again until Friday night when we put it on for a bit. Next day realised pressure had dropped again as no hot water. We have re-pressurised but worried it'll happen again! How can we stop this from keep happening? Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
On the wall, outside from where your boiler is, is there a small open ended copper pipe? Is there any sign that water has come out of this pipe recently?

Thanks for the reply,
There's an air vent type pipe outside, not copper. No sign of any leaking/water... see pic.

Attachments

• 1476617429460-2107879176.jpg
    1476617429460-2107879176.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 136
I have found the copper pipe! There is a slight drip coming from it so guessing this is the problem... plumber has said (over the phone) there's a red part (looks like a circular pipe/disc) that needs replacing but it's in an awkward position so may not be able to. Not sure what the part is called. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?! I'm confused... we only just started using the heating again and this has happened :(

Sponsored Links
The red part is an expansion vessel. Might just need re-charging, should really be checked as part of a service. I wonder what else he didn't do?

Looks like an old glow-worm flue, possibly a Compact? with the expansion vessel down the back. It's fairly easy to get to if you know what you're doing

Vaillant-Turbomax-Plus-Vuw-Round-6-Litre-Expansion.jpg

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back