Boiler pressure drops to 1 bar each day

a=auto,a=air, v=vent pretty basic stuff automaticly lets the air vent to atmossphere the cap needs to be loose to let the air out letting water out means the aav needs replacing as it is not doing its job,screwing the cap down will stop the water but leave the air in the boiler so you have another problem and so on and so forth,get the boiler serviced and the aav changed before you create more probs

Sponsored Links
the auto air valve works in the same way as an old type snorkel, a water vessel with a hole in the top and a float inside. when air enters the chamber, the float drops opening the top hole, as air escapes water level rises lifting the float reseals the hole.

when these start leaking replacement is the only solution.

I have a potterton puma combi bolier. The pressure in the bolier drops off to its lowest pressure eveytime i use the bolier, after about 3 hours of use.

Can anyone help me to solve this problem? Does anyone know what is probably making this happen and how can I solve it?

Cheers for all your help!

There is a few reasons why your pressure could be dropping

If the boiler is still working when it is on 1 bar then keep it there when i fit a bolier i would normaily put 1 to 1.5 bar of pressure in the system the pressure value will kick in if the pressure get to 3 bar and the normal working pressure is 1 bar for most combi boilers read the manual before taken action to see what the pressure should be on.

if it will not work on 1 bar and the manual says it should be higher tell me and i will give you some other reasons why this is happened

I have a potterton puma combi bolier. The pressure in the bolier drops off to its lowest pressure eveytime i use the bolier, after about 3 hours of use.

Can anyone help me to solve this problem? Does anyone know what is probably making this happen and how can I solve it?

Cheers for all your help!

There is a few reasons why your pressure could be dropping

If the boiler is still working when it is on 1 bar then keep it there when i fit a bolier i would normaily put 1 to 1.5 bar of pressure in the system the pressure value will kick in if the pressure get to 3 bar and the normal working pressure is 1 bar for most combi boilers read the manual before taken action to see what the pressure should be on.

if it will not work on 1 bar and the manual says it should be higher tell me and i will give you some other reasons why this is happened

I bet they thought the three wait was worth it for your input chaz

;)

check the date posted bit before replying to reeaaaly old posts mate

:)

Sponsored Links
Gecko207 actually started the post in 2004 [/b

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2004

which now makes it over 4 years ago.

have to agree with corgiman though.

Gecko207 also only ever made 4 post, all of which are here.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back