Boiler problem (Heatline C28 Combi)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have refurbished my house in Sept 07 and I removed all the old radiators and the old boiler. The builder used some of the old piping. I have installed new Heatline C28 boiler and new radiators. The builder installed it. He said he paid Corgi certified people to do the central heating. I wan not there. Now, I have two problems:
1. Some of the radiators are not heating and some are heating properly. The ones which are not heating take a long time to become warm and they normally become warn at the top and cold are the bottom. This is very strange to me, when there is an airlock, radiators normally warm up from the bottom and cold at the top. My case is opposite. I have seven radiators in the house and I thought may be the boiler is too small for the house, Could this be the case? If I close some of the radiators, the remaining ones become warm but even then they do not become enough hot.
2. Shower: I have a new Thermostatic mixer shower and it was working fine until two weeks ago. The problem is when you start taking shower, the water is hot for a minute and the next minute, it becomes cold, and then again hot for one minute and then cold again and so on. Before this problem started the water was hot from start to finish. What is causing this problem, is it the Thermostatic mixer or the boiler?
Lopez :(

Sponsored Links
1) as a general rule cold at the bottom means a sludge build up. Did they flush out the old pipes correctly?

2) Are all your other hot taps ok? Is the cold for the mixer mains fed? Could be you need non return valves on the h & c to the mixer shower.

The C28 is not a condensing boiler!

So he fitted a boiler that does not meet the Building Regulations!

Clearly the installer was not CORGI otherwise he would have notified the installation to CORGI who would have sent you a blue Certificate of Conformity.

Tony

you have lots of dirt in the system this why you are experiencing both radiators and the hot water problems fix for this problem find some one good who can do the power flushing but before you do the power flushing remove the DHW heat exchanger and clean the primary channels and put it back this will solve your problems

Sponsored Links
The C28 is not a condensing boiler!

Tony

Are you sure? I've just had one installed, and the fitter (Corgi) assured me it is. The instruction manual describes it as a "condensing wall mounted combination boiler"

Simple solution, either post a pic taken from below the boiler pointing up at 45 degree angle, or count how many pipes there are a underneath the boiler.

I am sorry, the C28 IS a condensing boiler, although only a Band B rated one. I was confusing it with with the S24/30 which is not!

So it DOES meet the Building regulations. However, unless CORGI were notified it has not actually been registered with your local Building Control.

Its such a pity that nine out of ten of people think that builders know how to fit boilers properly.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back