Boiler scrappage Scotland

D

DeltaT

Scottish boiler scrappage scheme was announced today. Available from 24/5/2010.

5.000 appliances at £400 a time.

Sponsored Links
what is the reality that this scheme will actually save anyone any money as opposed to making money for certain preferred installers at an enhanced price which will be acost to the rest of us

The £400 scrappage scheme is open to all installer's , certainly was down here did quite a few ?????????????

what is the reality that this scheme will actually save anyone any money as opposed to making money for certain preferred installers at an enhanced price which will be acost to the rest of us
Assuming it works the same way as the scheme in England, did, you're being unnecessarily cynical. It looks as if it will:
http://www.energysavingtrust.org.uk...-Home/Energy/Scottish-Boiler-Scrappage-Scheme

The homeowner applies for the money and the homeowner receives the money. The fitter doesn't necessarily even know about it until they are asked to sign the voucher that says a G-rated boiler was replaced with an A-rated one. Not to say Scottish Gas won't continue to charge loadsa money and claim they are offering a deal ...

Sponsored Links
Scottish boiler scrappage scheme was announced today. Available from 24/5/2010.

5.000 appliances at £400 a time.

The customer is allocated a voucher, where the 400 quid can be redeemed after installation by any gas safe engineer.

Got my voucher on Monday morning, and so did my neighbour - my mate is doing both installations.

Incidentally, all the vouchers have now been allocated, so there is £2M quid available in Scotland as an incentive for installers to cash-in on.

As well as being gas safe registered you must ALSO be registered with either

OFTEC or SNIPEF or CLE

When they check on the firms that have been choosen to do the job if they are not also a memeber of one of the above three AND gas safe....the voucher is refused.

Hence! why they state ... do not go ahead with the install until the voucher arrives, they will check the firms are registered.

OFTEC or SNIPEF or CLE

When they check on the firms that have been choosen to do the job if they are not also a memeber of one of the above three AND gas safe....the voucher is refused.

Hence! why they state ... do not go ahead with the install until the voucher arrives, they will check the firms are registered.

Sorry but you are entirely wrong: - spoke directly with the Scottish Energy Savings Trust on this very topic some time ago, all that is required is a gas safe installer and the estimated cost of the work. The gas safe number is verified automatically at registration and the voucher was issued immediately by email.

I have my voucher, and all that I had to send them was my mates gas safe number, overall cost, old gas boiler details, and new boiler details - thats it !

Well my friend! from what the energy savings trust website has satated, see below:

Which boilers and boiler manufacturers can the vouchers be redeemed against?
Vouchers can be redeemed against any boiler manufacturer for Energy Saving Trust Recommended gas, oil or LPG boilers plus Microgeneration Certification Scheme-registered biomass boilers and heat pumps. Electric boilers are not eligible.

Installers must be registered with Gas Safe (for gas installations) and a recognised industry body such as CLE, SNIPEF or OFTEC. Members of certain other industry schemes may also be used and applicants can contact the Energy Saving Trust if they have any concerns about who they can use. Installation of a microgeneration technology must be carried out by a person qualified under the Microgeneration Certification Scheme.

Therefore, you are talking cobblers or they have changed the criteria and not updated their site.

The important thing I was told was, they will at first check the gas safe number for initial registration/allocation of voucher THEN when the before honouring the voucher a i.e release of money to the client A CHECK WILL BE MADE TO ENSURE the business is registered with one of the other three!

I have had this on good authority from an individual within the trust or he might be talking cobblers.

Either way! my 5 clients will definitely be getting their voucher honoured.

Time will tell, wouldn't want to be a business who's taken money on false pretence from a customer, who then cannot redeem monies owed.

Guy above is spot on, I spoke with the trust on Teusday morning and they confirmed exactly what he posted which means that me and thousands of other RGIs can't installed the boilers under the voucher scheme thus pushing up the price of the jobs to those with vouchers.

I'm already turning 'voucher' customers away and have lost two jobs since Teusday one of which was priced back last December when there was no mention that the customer was going to apply for a voucher towards the cost never mind wait five months to decide after obtaining a quote.

The trust only put the info regarding installer critera on it's website last week, according to the guy a spoke to.

Furthermore Vokera has only one boiler recommended by the scheme.

Rest assured though that customers will be getting told by 'some installers' that anyone can fit these boilers so long as they are GSR then the sh !t will hit the fan in twelve weeks time when the application for the dosh is refused.

Didnt think there would be a call for new boilers,
Thought there would have been enough heat in glesga with also those celtic season tickets being burnt :LOL: :LOL:

You state firbladerrw see below, that you have received the VOUCHER by e-mail, strange that! as everyone of my customers are receiving theirs by post within 5-10 days.

Therefore, you must be the special one? or talking cobblers!

Sorry but you are entirely wrong: - spoke directly with the Scottish Energy Savings Trust on this very topic some time ago, all that is required is a gas safe installer and the estimated cost of the work. The gas safe number is verified automatically at registration and the voucher was issued immediately by email.

I have my voucher, and all that I had to send them was my mates gas safe number, overall cost, old gas boiler details, and new boiler details - thats it !

I hope your mate is registered with one of the other three, or your e-mail voucher will on the face of it be worthless. LOL

OFTEC or SNIPEF or CLE

This is complete mince, you must be a member of one of these associations & a Gas Safe RGI.
As we are....Ka ching, ka ching!!!............ :LOL: :LOL:

Didnt think there would be a call for new boilers,
Thought there would have been enough heat in glesga with also those celtic season tickets being burnt :LOL: :LOL:

You can go off people you know :LOL: Least the tax man isn't after us for £55M :eek:

This is complete mince, you must be a member of one of these associations & a Gas Safe RGI.
As we are....Ka ching, ka ching!!!............ :LOL: :LOL:

Best of luck mate, you'll need it if any of the voucher punters I've been talking to in the past three weeks is anything to go by :LOL:

Alright DT or is it DP?

An old timeserved chap here who liked to put right the cc's on another forum, on issues ranging from electrical through plumbing to renewables.

They the admin didn't like it, especially when I pointed out the legal issue and their moral responsibility regarding/allowing diy/ccers to talk about and share info in relation to gas work.

For my sins and daring to challenge them they banned me. Well! if they don't won't sound technical input from a TIMESERVED experienced professional, I'll let them carry on with most of the sheeeeite on their.

I seen no harm in pointing out to these short course trained buffons the errors in their advice especially to an unsuspecting general public however, they the admin didn't like it.

The catalyst was however, when I sent them an e-mail after reviewing their solar product pointing out it was NOT suitable for combi boilers and they should stop misleading the public/ccer.

Needless to say! they removed my review and sent me a snotty e-mail.

Anyway! keep up the good work on that other forum I have a look now and again just for a laugh at the nonsense that is posted by these short course trained muppets.

perwb

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back