Boiler size confusion...

I am pleased that Which? have decided to drop testing of boilers and sample their readers instead. Their findings are very similar to ours.

Intergas and the like will never appear on Which? until they achieve a significant installed base in the UK.

You should check how Which? works. It's all about how much can you're prepared to give them.

My experiences with a significant installed base going back 15 years is different

That gives the plastic shyte more credit than anything else they or Which? can come up with.

Intergas also insinuate they were the first in making a boiler without a diverter valve

Not quite. They claim their best exchanger is the first of its type. Which when you look at the boiler's you reference to, and the IG heat engine you'll see.

ATAG were being pushed on this forum for some years by a few enthusiasts (yourself included I think) but those models for domestic use were quietly pushed aside this year,

Again, you need to look into things a little more closely. The A series will be around for a fair bit longer, and even then, the new Atag is just dressed in frilly knickers to hide the same Muff ;)

Sponsored Links
Dan, nice to see you finally recommending a decent manufacturer only for you to then spoil it by mentioning that Sh1tbox you think is so good!

Sponsored Links
Intergas also insinuate they were the first in making a boiler without a diverter valve; but only if you exclude the earlier Ferroli, Potterton and Worcester-Bosch designs.

David will be upset that you forgot the Vokera!

Op, if you're looking for value for money look at Baxi imo.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'm drawing up a short list of Worcester, Vaillant, Baxi and Ideal (had one in a previous house with no problems in 5 years). Size wise, I'm thinking between 24-28kW.

I'll come back on when I've decided and report back :)

Ideal a quieter boilers, but I feel Baxi are more robust. Especially since a lot of parts in the ideal are Composite now (unless you're looking at a Vouge). Worcesters are mostly composite (plastic). This is only my opinion(y)

Op, if you're looking for value for money look at Baxi imo.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'm drawing up a short list of Worcester, Vaillant, Baxi and Ideal (had one in a previous house with no problems in 5 years). Size wise, I'm thinking between 24-28kW.

I'll come back on when I've decided and report back :)
Of those four, go for Baxi, but you'd really be much better off with an Intergas

Vaillant. Quality product. Quietest boiler tested by Quiet mark accreditation.lol

10year parts and labour warrenty!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back