Boiler Wont Ignite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya guys got a bit of a problem ....i got a Prima 80F boiler which doesnt seem to want to ingnite. No hot water or heating!!! When u turn on either the heating or hot water the bolier gives the impression its gona start but doesnt...was previously making clicking sounds which sounded like it was trying to fire up, but even now thats stopped. Havnt had any recent problems wid the boiler so kinda confused...any info or advice would be much appreciated...cheers

Sponsored Links
Right guys iv tried to start it again and the boiler does start up wid a small blue flame but not completely firing up ...and that clicking noise is the ignition trying to ignite but its not fully igniting...any ideas wats goin on??!!! :eek:

Sponsored Links
yeah i can see it sparking ....little blue flame is on (not sure if u would cal that the pilot light) and its continously sparking like its trying to get the boiler to fire up but nothing happens.....

sori also the switch which is underneath the boiler is popped in and wont release....duno if this is a cut off switch or the manual ignition ..

Ketan187 said:
sori also the switch which is underneath the boiler is popped in and wont release....duno if this is a cut off switch or the manual ignition ..
you need to see if the solenoid valve is getting 240v if it is the valve is not opening if it is not your pcb is faulty

sori but how would i check if the solinoid is getting 240v ....were is it located ???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back