Born complainer joining our club

Sponsored Links
Looks to me from these docs that these are the protected characteristics that must not be discriminated against:

•disability

•gender reassignment

•pregnancy and maternity (which includes breastfeeding)

•race

•religion or belief

•sex

•sexual orientation.

But what if you reject their membership applications on any other grounds?

Anyway, I was discriminated against in a golf club on the grounds of sex a few years ago, do you think I have a case for compensation?

I was caught shagging the bar girl in the cellar by the manager - her Dad.... :oops:

As long as the reason you reject the application isn't on the basis of any aspect protected by law then no issue.

As an example, I rejected an applicant (for employment) on the basis that I didn't believe that they would fit in with the rest of the team - purely on the basis of personality.

Sponsored Links
That's a bit of a blow: You can't have the job- you're a w*nker!

NO - I've employed several w*nkers - but with good personalities

As long as the reason you reject the application isn't on the basis of any aspect protected by law then no issue.

As an example, I rejected an applicant (for employment) on the basis that I didn't believe that they would fit in with the rest of the team - purely on the basis of personality.
The next problem is, would our committees have the guts to do it?!!!

I was rejected for a job once, as I "wouldn't make a good demographic fit" very dodgy if you ask me.

Simply closes the membership list, declare that you are no longer accepting new members.

Then they may bugger off and find somewhere else instead, at which point you can decide to accept new members again. :)

Simply closes the membership list, declare that you are no longer accepting new members.

Then they may b*****r off and find somewhere else instead, at which point you can decide to accept new members again. :)
More members is needed!

Just admit them, take their money.

If they moan about something that is justified, good - change it!

If they moan about anything that isn't justified, just ignore them, move seats, or tell them to STFU.

Sponsored Links
Back