bosch 10.8 drill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
The chuck on my drill has locked open after using a 10mm steel bit, I have managed to remove the bit but I can't close or use the chuck. I have tried to remove the chuck using the allen key I can see inside but 4mm is to big and 3mm is to small has anybody had this problem or can give me some advice on how to proceed.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
i would start with wd 40
try tightening and loosening the chuck
it may be a 1/8th 3.175mm
may also be reverse thread ??
what model is it??

Ok well I have tried tapping it with a hammer and have put some 3 in 1 oil in the chuck but it is still jammed open, the model is GSR 10.8-2-li which is a relatively new model so it has to be metric hasn't it ? is there such a thing as a 3.5mm allen key.

Sponsored Links
I tried to remove the chuck on my 18v Bosch . Does seem to be a torx screw but I couldn't get it to shift turning it either way.

Thanks for the replies.
big-all yes thats the drill, I hadn't thought it could be a torx so I
shall give it a go.

Well torx 25 it is and I have managed to get the screw out with
turning it clockwise, but the chuck is still refusing to come off
and yes I have tried hitting it with a hammer:unsure:

How old is it? Should have a three-year warranty, and Bosch are pretty good with repairs provided it doesn't look like you've had a go yourself first ;)

Muggles you are correct about the three year warranty and I think it is under three years but I must have forgot to register it(n) I still think it will be something and nothing once !!!!! I can remove the chuck.

My AEG 18v cordless was guaranteed for 3 years but when it had a chuck fault after 6 months I was told the chuck was only covered for 3 months
To remove chucks one has to tighten the largest allen key possible in the chuck then hit with hammer anti clock direction when looking from the chuck end.
You say your chuck is stuck so you may need to find a key you can slip snugly into it
litl

Edit opposite direction to the torx screw

Last edited:
Thanks yes the chuck has Jammed so thats not an option
I tried my monkey rench today and I still could not get it off.
I am surprised that its so difficult.

you have removed the center torx screw first or is that the one your having trouble with :cool:

I have removed the 25 torx easily once I was told
it was not an allen key as I first thought.

sorry just checking as we all forget the obvious when distracted:eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back