Bosch 240 Help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any kind poster good enough to let me have a pdf for a Worcester bosch 240 ?

Think i need to change something, not getting hot water at the taps but heating is working fine, any guidance would be very welcome indeed

Thanks

Sponsored Links
dont have instructions but sound like diveter valve is faulty, turn on hot tap and see if diverter valve pin moves and hits micro switches, if moving but not far enough new div valve required

Thanks for the reply, have checked and it looks like you are correct, if i push the switch it fires the boiler, there are quite a few pipes connected to the valve, is it a difficult job to change ?

If its the one that i think is the div valve is exposed and easily excessable. Easy job to fit new one you could just fit new diaphragm in dhw water flow section or fit new valve complete part no. 480054 http://www.partscenter.co.uk/hrpc/default.html the only tricky part is the large back nut and getting it to seal and not leak afterwards, use silicon grease.

Sponsored Links
your right it is the one where you can get at the valve, there is a ring of screws that hold it together, housing the diaphragm i presume ?

would i have to drain the system to remove these screws ? i think it may be worth having a go at changing the diaphragm first it looks a lot easier to change than the valve, ?

really aprecaite your advice

isolate your mains water and run off your hot tap, then you can just unscrew all those cross head screws...you will lose a touch more water but not a lot and change the diaphragm.

I am going to attempt the replacement of the diafragm can only try, if it doesnt work will replace the whole valve. thanks a lot for you advise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back