Bosch 2401 Error Code 03

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Bosch 2401 washer first stopped spinning then stopped draining and displays the error code 03. I took off the little front panel and checked to see if the drain filter was clogged it was clear and I could spin the little wheel both ways with my finger. Then I checked the little hose also in the front and it is clear. Then I checked the back drain hose and it is also clear. Please does anyone know what I should check next or what the problem might be.

Thanks Marie

Sponsored Links
It turned out to be the Carbon Brushes needed replacing.
1. Take the back (silver) panel off the washer
2. Unscrew the (green) ground wire from the motor and take off the belt from the lower wheel and the big wheel
3. Undo the big bolt on the (red) arm holding the motor
4. Undo the bolt from the backside of the (silver) lower to the right of the of number 3 and the motor will come right out now
5. Pullout the wire connectors from the motor so you are now completely able to spin the motor
6. pullout the old carbon brushes and notice the angle of the end so when you put in the new one on that side it matches
7. It was tricky to get the spring to stay while I set the new clip but I used a flathead to push on it.
8. Put it all back the same way you took it off and problem solved.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back