Bosch Aquastop - very loud humming. Is this nomal?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just fitted my new dishwasher - A Bosch SGV46M13GB fully intergrated unit. Everything seems to be working, but when it fills up with water the Aquastop is VERY loud. It sounds like a mobile phone with a very loud & fast vibrate function. I can hear it quite clearly in my front living room even when the kitchen door is shut.

Is this normal?

Has anyone else got a dishwasher with an Aquastop & is it loud & noticeable?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Aquastop is the Bosch external water inlet valve and simply should just switch on or off.
Not aware of any noise from these but then again I have never seen one
go wrong.
Do you get the noise all the time when the machine takes in cold water?
This can be maybe 4/5 times during a full cycle with prerinse/rinse etc
The machine normally primes the matrix again at the end of the cycle
ready for the next load also

Only when it takes in water.

As i've never come across one before i just wondered if anyone else notices their Aquastop when its on?

Phoned Bosch & apparently the Aquastop should NOT be making this noise.

Because the dishwasher is only a few days old I'm getting an engineer out to confirm this.

Sponsored Links
Have AS's on Neff dishwasher and w/m, wouldn't know it/they was/were there -except for the space the f'kin things take up !! No sounds at all in 15 yrs !!

IMHO they are a load of c-ap. Why not let me know there is a leak? Not stop the 'kin machine working !! OK for the rippers, not for the half savvy user.

-0-

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back