Bosch Auto Dome 200 series PTZ CCTV Camera

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Oops, sorry... about £181.00 should do it. :oops:

I'm sure that there are plenty more. The keyboards may be harder to find.

Sponsored Links
I was the wining bidder. :D

1st of many questions: how hight should I have the dome fitted from the ground?

I will post more questions once I receive the dvr and controller.

Many thanks

Andy

It kind of depends on what you want to be looking at! It's not a daft idea to get the ladder out and put it where you think you want the camera. Then climb up it and have a look... I guess that you want it out of reach of most mortals but low enough to be installed and accessed for cleaning/maintenance.

We have domes only 2.5m high and over 10m. In fact, we have both on one building. The low ones are watching a door and the area nearby, the high ones look out over some car parking areas. Remember that things that are far away may appear too small to be of much use and, if you zoom in, the width of the image will be very narrow and you could miss activity at either side. If you set up loads of preset positions, it can take a long time for the camera to go round them all and you could miss something happening behind you. Of course, this is less of a problem if there is always someone available to steer the camera (a security guard?).

Typically, put it at about 1st floor level where it's easy to fix outside and simple to cable inside. If it's on a house, cabling in the loft might be easier so you could mount it at eaves height.

I'm sure others here will have different ideas... ;)

Right, I have fitted the camera at 1st floor level and have the dedicated micros system.

The next bit is how to work out how to wire it all together, the co-axle goes from the camera to the dvr and then to the tv. There is also a power cable which is 240 volt.

What I am stuck on is the 4 wire cable from the camera to the dvr there is no plug on the end of this wire, where do I get the right plug from.

Help!

Are you pasting Hertfordshire any time soon 82?

Andy

Thanks eighty two, I've gone into my messages and can't see any new messages. Are you able to send it again?

Many thanks,

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back