Bosch Classixx - drum dropped

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a reconditioned Bosch Classixx washing machine for tenants in my HMO. It leaked from the seal within a month so the guy replaced it under guarantee with another 'reconditioned' Bosch Classixx. This has now dropped the drum down so that the front seal is all screwed up.

Guy has turned up and diagnosed that the crossmember from which the drum is suspended on springs has broken. He says that the tenants have overloaded the machine with something extremely heavy in order for the crossmember to break. My contention is that he's just trying to avoid replacing the machine a second time; he acknowledges that he's never seen a crossmember break before, and I'm guessing you'd have to load the machine with bricks and lead to break it before something else goes, or the machine just gives up. Cramming it full of clothes doesn't see a likely cause even if the tenants have been stupid like that. I'd be more inclined to suspect metal fatigue or a manufacturing fault.

Can anyone offer any insight into this - is it in fact a known issue or something that is indeed likely to be caused by overloading and I should accept that? Or are there grounds for me to argue it should be covered under his guarantee?

Thanks in advance for your help

Sponsored Links
As you say they would have to be washing bricks or bars of gold (money laundering perhaps:p) to break a bar as the drum is on springs so any load would have been sprung, my guess is the bar may have been corroded or faulty but I don't think you will get far with the supplier.
I always bought new washers for my rentals when I had them, usually have a two year or more warranty and no need to pay for a PAT test the first year.
I have had a couple of Bosch Classixx at home both failed on the drum bearings after about 4 years, quality seems to be a bit suspect and changing the bearings is far too expensive as you need to strip the whole machine to bits! I kid you not I watched a video on line the whole thing was spread out on the kitchen floor! Went to Beko this time, cheaper and so far just as good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back