BOSCH CLASSIXX

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello to all.

I have a problem with my dishwasher. Called local engineer who checked a few things. He said the fan blade was stiff to turn, but managed to free it and the test cycle completed. Everything seemed ok, loaded the machine and set the programme machine started to fill and then i heard "click click click" as if the programmer was having difficulty selecting the next option. however, the machine carried on and completed the cycle, when I opened the door I found the top items had washed but, the bottom items had not and there was a lot of water left in the bottom of the machine. The heater is ok.

Sponsored Links
A qualified service engineer looked at it? Did he charge you? What fan blade are you referring to?
Post the model & "E" number on the door lip.

A qualified service engineer looked at it? Did he charge you? What fan blade are you referring to?
Post the model & "E" number on the door lip.

Hello Zipper,

Thank you for your reply. The fan referred to is situated on the bottom right side of machine, suppose it could be the main motor. I did pay him as I thought it was working correctly. There is no suggestion that he won't come back at this stage, but I would like to try and understand what I might be faced with.

The model and E number are as follows: SRS43a02GB, type: SD13HB1.

Hope this is of help.

Thank you once again.

dublin.

After the SRS43A02GB there should be 2 more digits; either 08, 14, or 16.
The wash motor is on the right hand side. If the rotor was stiff to turn it could be caused by the seals sticking, a piece of glass (or similar) jamming the impellor, or bad motor bearings. I would suspect one of the first two. To change seals or remove any foreign object from the impellor housing the wash motor has to be removed. A replacement seal kit is available for it which saves you buying the whole thing http://www.espares.co.uk/part/dishwashers/p/1083/0/0/0/664234/dishwasher-impeller-seali.html But if the motor bearings are bad (which is less likely) I would imagine they would recommend changing out the wash motor.

Sponsored Links
Zipper.

Thank you once again.

The number you referred to is 08 am I right in assuming that this represents the year the machine was built.

All the best

dublin

No its a rev. number, but the seal rep-kit is the same for all 3 anyhow.

The circulation motor is a favorite spot for leaks between seal/sump,
seal/motor and impellor housing.This will often show as corrosion on the housing and leaks into the base.

If none of the above is present then it is likely an impellor jam.
You will need to drop the base slightly to get access-fiddly but can be done.

Best advice: Forget a DIY repair. Contact the company who sent the engineer & tell them to sort it out. You paid for a repair.....you didn't get one!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back