Bosch Dishwasher not rinsing / pumping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I am having an issue with our Bosch dishwasher, model SGV43A03GB/17 or FD 8207.

Crux of problem is that is does not seem to be rinsing / pumping for the main wash programme.

I have taken the casing apart and had a look but have not removed any components as yet. I have checked the inlet filter in the aqua-stop, checked the waste pipe thoroughly but no sign of blockages.

Machine will fill up with cold water. On LHS there is what I describe as a float operated type relay to cut off the incoming cold water.

Machine then stays quiet for a few mins. Is this to allow water to heat up?

Then there is what I would describe as a whirring for 10 secs, of what sounds like a pump trying to operate. There is no spraying sound from within the machine. The machine is then quiet for about 2 mins before it tries again.

The filters in the base of the dishwasher are all clean.
The impellor seems to rotate freely albeit against a spring resistance.

The machine can be drained using the pump. This is done by holding down the the red spigot/rod on the LHS front of machine with the LHS side cover removed.

Given the above symptoms...has anybody got a diagnosis please.

Sponsored Links
My SGS6612GB had a similar issue - following the advice on the UK Whitegoods Forum, I cleaned the pressure chamber on the left hand side and the tube that connects it to the pump.

Made no difference to me, but someone suggested I check the motor could turn - turned out the motor had seized, freed it up and it washed ok for a while but it's not washing as well now.

Having read many posts, it appears the pump seal goes allowing water to leak into the motor/pump bearings and replacing them is a real pain so I'm probably going to buy a new washer.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back