bosch dishwasher not taking tablet and cleaning plates

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Bosch Exceel diswassher is not fully taking the tablet and is also not cleaning the dishes.

I have cleaned around the pump and the spray arms.

Can anybody help as to what the problem may be.

Sponsored Links
Can someone hurry up and answer this as I have the same fault with my Bosch dishwasher.

I suspect it is the pump which at £200 suggests new appliance.

My Bosch Exceel diswassher is not fully taking the tablet and is also not cleaning the dishes.

I have cleaned around the pump and the spray arms.

Can anybody help as to what the problem may be.

Thank you

Does this also explain the dishwasher water not getting hot.

As when open the appliance everything is cold when it is usually very hot

Sponsored Links
No, my water is hot it just doesn't wash things consistently. Previously I remember opening the door mid session and being sprayed with water and seeing the arms spinning. Now the water pressure is low and the arms hardly spin. I suspect the pump motor is at fault. But I know very little about dishwashers.

If your water is cold I would suspect the element but if this is combined with other faults then maybe the controls (PCB) are causing multi faults.

I'm just a gas engineer, boilers are my thing not dishwashers.

A word of warning - make sure you remove the power supply before messing with the electrics of a dishwasher as many switch on the neutral.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back