Bosch Dishwasher won't stop pumping.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there,

I hope someone might be able to help me. I just moved home and plumbed in my Bosch Classixx Dishwasher that has been lying in shed dormant for 6 months. ( I can't seem to find the seriel no. but this is written on the back - 346 15.01.07 9000136867). Photo attached.

When I turn the dishwasher on it just keeps pumping even though there is no water inside it. I have checked there is no blockage around the drainage hole and in the tube itself, that all seems clear.

When I tried tilting the machine some water came out of the bottom. Then the machine would start a cycle and fill up with water but after ten minutes it would pump out the water and just carry on trying to do that.

Can anyone suggest what I could try checking next? I'm happy to open up the machine and have a look if needed.

Thanks,

Julian
London, UK

View media item 42011

Sponsored Links
You got a leak & the anti-flood device is kicking in :(
If it has been "lying in the shed" for months it may have suffered frost damage...you need to find the source of the leak.
The model details are laser engraved on the door lip. Post the "E-number" if you need further assistance.

Just to let any others know how I fixed this problem. Indeed I had a leak which I could see when I ran the dishwasher with the side panel off. I unplugged the whole thing and turned it upside down. From there it was easy to get into the mechanism where I could see the leak was coming from a worn out rubber seal coming from the pump. A strip of rubber glove solved the problem until the spare from bosch arrived costing around £10. Works great now.

Thanks to previous poster's advice, that certainly helped me get to the bottom of things.

Jsykes
:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back