Bosch Dishwasher won't take in water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Bosch Exxcel dishwasher that was showing a E24 warning light this morning, as was was my nose at the smell of the kids stale milk residue from yesterday. This is the not first time this has happened, and aclean out of the pump filter soon had the machine draining again. However it now exhibits a new and stubborn problem.
The new error code is E15 and the water supply light is on. This happens as long as the mains electricity supply is switched on, regardless of whether the "on" or "start/reset" buttons have been pressed. The supply hose is completely empty and I have disconnected it to check that there really is water supply to the hose. I was wondering if the Aquastop valve has functioned inadvertently, but if so, how do I reset it? Or indeed, are there any other microswitches that could give rise to this error code.?

Sponsored Links
Post the model and FD number from the door.

Does the drain pump come on and stay running (low humming sound etc). It should come on when you start a program then go off after a short while.

Post the model and FD number from the door.

Does the drain pump come on and stay running (low humming sound etc). It should come on when you start a program then go off after a short while.

What I see on a sticker on the edge of the door is:
E-nr SM65SE02UK/01
FD 8909

the pump runs continuously, starting a few seconds after turning on mains poer. and keeps running as long as the mains power is on. None of the buttons on the front control panel have any effect. The E15 warning message appears instantly the power is switched on, as does the flashing "check water" light.

Tip the machine backwards to see if water runs off the baseplate (have some old towels ready).

Sponsored Links
If the water supply is good, inline filters clear, & fill hose isn't kinked/twisted then yes you may have wonky aquastop. (You could also have a blocked matrix or transfer hose). Best way to check the aquastop is to hotwire it to see if it allows flow. You can do it in-situ or remove the hose. Alternatively check it has 240v supply when it should be filling. While you're at it you ought to pull the machine out, remove the LH side plate & front plate. Take a peek at the matrix and transfer hose to see if either is gunged up. Be careful, water & voltage don't mix well :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back