Bosch dishwasher won't turn off!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Bosch SGV 4313GB dishwasher. This morning I found that the dishwasher was still running from the night before. I opened the door and it still carried on trying to drain. If I push the power button on the door it stops but as soon as I push it again it starts trying to drain instead on going to being ready to start.. I put water through the drain (with the door open) and it gets drained out immediately.

Obviusly something is stuck - but what. Is it curable?

Help please!

Thanks

TudorDoc

Sponsored Links
Base is flooded and anti flood device activated.
There are a few posts detailing this. Have a look at some of the Bosch dishwasher posts. :)

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I took the front panels off. I could not find a reservoir to empty. I did see a vertical red piece of plastic that runs towards upwards but is connected to something near the base of the door. I gave this a wiggle. Put back the panels and the problem seems to be cured - so far. There is no water under the machine. Maybe it is just old and the red thing got stuck.

Anyhow have now run one cycle. Fingers crossed

TudorDoc

The red thing is part of the anti flood device. Water in the base lifts the polystyrene block which in turn lifts the red arm and this activates a micro switch.

Sponsored Links
After running fine for a week, same problem. Owing to the built in design the anti-flood devide is hard to see and get at. Is this something an engineer could replace or do I give up?

Thanks

TudorDoc

Bit of a pig of a machine to strip down to be honest.
If the anti flood is being activated you've either got a leak or overfoaming is taking place.
Finish tablets are notorious for it as is using rinse aid along with any 3,4,5 in 1 tablets.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back