Bosch Exxcel 1200 Express Washing machine - Drum not turning

remove the lid and on the right hand side i think, is a clear plastic tube that runs to the bottom of the mc .at the top of the cabinet is a black round pressure switch the tube is attacted to that

Thanks for that. I will go and see if I can sort it.

JB

Sponsored Links
Hi Rocks1

You are a clever thing! You were quite right - it was the tube. The mice had been in the machine and had eaten part of the rubber pipe along with stored some acorns in the top...

I assume that I could make up a bit of similar pipe that would do the job, or would I need to buy exactly the same part from a Bosch dealer or general washing machine shop? If it is the latter, presumably I will need to get a part number from Bosch.

Thanks so much for your help.
I have attached a picture to let you see what mice can do to a Bosch.

JB

any pipe will do as long it fits on the pressure switch .try a motor factors ie washer pipe that goes on the window washers on a car ,look under your bonnet see it pipe fits or try a scrap yard :)

any pipe will do as long it fits on the pressure switch .try a motor factors ie washer pipe that goes on the window washers on a car ,look under your bonnet see it pipe fits or try a scrap yard :)

Thanks for that. One more thing - I tried to repair the pipe with some tape and it still did not work. I then noticed that the pipe seems to have a T-section. Is that correct. Does it run from the top electronic pressure unit (a cylindrical brick-coloured thing) then down to the RHS middle of the drum then downwards and around to the bottom/other side of the drum?

It is not possible to see where the pipe goes by looking in from the top.

Thanks

JB

Sponsored Links
they can run to 2 different places tilt mc back and you can see underneath .

Hi again Rocks1,

Found it and repaired it with a piece of narrow watering tube that I slipped into each end of the now-shorter (thanks to the mice) rubber hose.

The wm is happily trundling away and all thanks to you. Do you wish to make any charge for your advice? If so, let me have your email address and I can send you what you request via PayPal. If not, thank you so much for your help that have saved me having to lift the wm into the car and drive over the mountains to somebody who would have probably charged me a fortune and told me that I needed a new machine!

Very best wishes to you from sunny Spain.

JB :D

no worrys. this is a free service id be a millionare if i did :LOL:

Hi,

I am replying to myself here so that hopefully I can help someone else in the future.

After reading various other threads, realised it was probably the bushes in the motor. To change these:

Disconnect electric supply
Disconnect Water supply
Disconnect Drain pipe.
Turn machine upside down
Remove the belt off the fly wheel
Remove the motor by taking the two bolts out towards the back of the motor support arms
The motor then slides out.
Remove the bush that is not near the terminal block
Remove the bush near the terminal block it is easier to unplug the terminal block first.
Replace the bushes and re assemble

Hay Presto - one working machine. total cost £33.17 a bit of hassle and a great deal of satisfaction. Alternative call an engineer Motor £179.64 plus labour say £60. Total £239.64. Saving £206.47 I'm off to the pub!

If I can do it then most people can do it.

Hey all, Just a question regarding the motor problems.

I replaced the brushes on my unit but still the motor wouldnt run. I was able to trace the fault to a thermal reset fuse inside the motor. It had failed open circuit and wouldnt close. I was able to pry the housing apart to get the darn thing working again (anything to keep the wife happy :LOL: ), but I will need to replace the thermal fuse asap for safety sake. its a texas instruments component with 15am213a 05h5sa stamped into the housing. does anyone know where I can get this part or maybe the sub assembly that the fuse is fixed into. My local bosch parts supplier ONLY wants to sell me a new complete €300+ motor... go figure. :rolleyes:

thanks

Hi Blagadan
My machine was missing the spin on some cycles, now has stopped turning the drum at all. There seemed to be something sticking a few wks ago as the drum turned, probably the wifes bra underwire, that made the drum stiff to turn. Filling and pumping out OK, so think its the motor maybe, but guess cud also be a solenoid or software prob etc. machine is a Bosch WFF147S (about 10 yrs old).
How do i check if it is the motor brush, and not something else?
Thx

Hey all, Just a question regarding the motor problems.

I replaced the brushes on my unit but still the motor wouldnt run. I was able to trace the fault to a thermal reset fuse inside the motor. It had failed open circuit and wouldnt close. I was able to pry the housing apart to get the darn thing working again (anything to keep the wife happy :LOL: ), but I will need to replace the thermal fuse asap for safety sake. its a texas instruments component with 15am213a 05h5sa stamped into the housing. does anyone know where I can get this part or maybe the sub assembly that the fuse is fixed into. My local bosch parts supplier ONLY wants to sell me a new complete €300+ motor... go figure. :rolleyes:

thanks

I had similar problems where the drum wasn't rotating.

I replaced the brushes as described in this thread and things are looking much better. However, I'm finding that clothes as still wet after spinning.

Machine seems to be filling and draining ok.

New brushes are a bit noisy - but I guess this is to be expected until they wear in.

I used non-Bosch replacement brushes ( http://tinyurl.com/ykzwkb6 ). Should these be up to the job?

Machine seems to be draining properly and I've checked for pipe blockages around the drain and the water level pressure switch - all appears ok

Any help welcome.

Thanks
John

Hi All

I have been following the advise about removing the motor from my washing machine, in order to change the brushes. But after removing the bolts it just won't move. What am I doing wrong? :(

monkeyhanger52:
I have been following the advise about removing the motor from my washing machine, in order to change the brushes. But after removing the bolts it just won't move. What am I doing wrong? icon_sad.gif

I had the same problem. I'm not sure if this was the correct way to do it, but I just got a big screwdriver into the gap between each of motor mounting flanges and their mount points and the and levered the motor off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back