Bosch Exxcel 1200 Express

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My washing machine when asked to start a wash sometimes comes up with fault code F60. After several retries sometimes many attempts the machine will start the wash. What does the fault code mean?

Sponsored Links
I suspect the fault code is F:06?

There is a reference on this forum suggesting a fault on the door switch
on another Bosch however you may have a motor fault so I would check the
brushes first..

cjapeterborough,

Thanks for the advice

I've tried various program selections but each time it refuses to start
and each time comes up with F:16 fault code after approx 30 secs(not as first wrongly quoted fault code F:60 - blame the wife)

Searching the internet I found the excerpt below:

The "F16" on a Bosch indicates the door is open / unlocked. If it's happening during a wash it would suggest either a faulty door lock, faulty wiring or worse, a faulty main control board. The wash program should halt when this comes up but you should be able to restart it when the door is closed. As the cost of a new door interlock isn't overly expensive. The best way to fix this problem is to purchase a new lock and fit it.

The part you need is probably 182154 but you should check the Bosch support site with your model number.
Its easy to fit -I would also check continuity of the wiring back to the board
but if its intermittent then most likely the switch mechanism or board.
Approx aTenner- should be worth the gamble to fix it!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the info. I have had a look on the Bosch website and it looks
like the part no is 423587 (0218 on diagram) and is the door lock for my model WAE24465GB/01.

Changed door lock assembly (now equvalent part no 603514) and everything now working satisfactorily.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back