Bosch Exxcel 1400 S problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, first post on here...

We have a Bosch Exxcel 1400 S washing machine (WFO285SGB), and it has developed a fault whereby it would continue to wash indefinitely when the Reduced Time function is selected.

It would count down to 0:01 and carry on washing, instead of progressing to the Rinse and Spin cycles, and it would appear to affect most of the programmes on the machine.

If I do a wash without selecting the Reduced Time function, it would get around this problem, but it would add on more time than is necessary so if, for example, a wash is due to take under 2 hours it'll instead take 2 and a half hours - and this length of wash is not uncommon.

We have cleared the plug hole at the bottom right hand corner and this hasn't solved the problem. The Rinse, Drain and Spin programmes at the bottom of the dial work OK.

It seems to me there might be a problem with the circuit board and the machine forgetting to do what it's supposed to do, but I know nothing about the internal workings of a washing machine, so any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Heater problem (either an open circuit element or a break in the wiring). Check the heater element with a multimeter for continuity/resistance, it should read around 26 ohms. If the element & wiring check out ok then the problem is a defective relay (which means a new pcb is required).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back