Bosch Exxcel dishwasher, tablet is not dissolving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Bosch Exxcel dishwasher, the tablets are not dissolving sometimes and the the draw is still closed at the end of cycle.

Before I ring repair man I would like to see if fault I can cure. The machine is 4 months old (was brand new) is used approx 1-2 cycles a day

Sponsored Links
If you dig around in there yourself you risk invalidating your warranty...

If you dig around in there yourself you risk invalidating your warranty...

No I would not do anything like that don`t worry, it was maybe I`m doing something (or not doing) correctly.

I`ve tried moving pots etc around so not to block the soap hatch, so it opens. Tried it, it seems to work. I will look and see if this is the problem.

As the water from the TOP spray maybe needs a clear line of sight (spray;) to this soap draw to open it, so the pressure opens it. Anyway fingers crossed it was just this

Water spray/pressure has nothing to do with the soap flap opening, the mechanism is activated electrically via a solenoid.

Sponsored Links
Water spray/pressure has nothing to do with the soap flap opening, the mechanism is activated electrically via a solenoid.

Right well that`s scuppered me then, I`ve no idea why its does not open. Its been used twice today and so far its been opened (as I told the wife to keep it clear for the water/spray) But now you said that makes no difference, so why, is it sheer pot luck then??.

Should I ring for the repair man now then if it does it again

If it seems to work ok now why not just keep an eye on things & see how it goes. If it does fail for no logical reason claim a warranty repair. Might be worth a peek in your user manual if there's anything you are unsure of.

If it seems to work ok now why not just keep an eye on things & see how it goes. If it does fail for no logical reason claim a warranty repair. Might be worth a peek in your user manual if there's anything you are unsure of.

well it did it again last night, nothing was in the way of it so I`ve run out of ideas. I might ring for service call now, thanks

When you put a tablet in does the lid open ok every time with the manual release.

May be a long shot but have seen someone put a tablet in (either a large tablet or the wrong way round) and manage to jam the lid so it will not open.

When you put a tablet in does the lid open ok every time with the manual release.

May be a long shot but have seen someone put a tablet in (either a large tablet or the wrong way round) and manage to jam the lid so it will not open.

Yes it opens easy when you press the little button, thats why my first thoughts were the water hitting it opens it but you said this is not the case. Its worked OK the last few times yesterday and this morning

sorry forgot to say no its the same way all the time we put it in, the way it has more room, horizontal way in, thanks

I got a repair man (under warranty) to come round last week, he fixed it. Changed the main soap dispenser also a long circuit board (from the top) he did both as he knew one or the other would be the fault.

NOTE: He said mine was only the 16th of the production line, not that would be a problem you think it would be one of the best in fact

Anyway its been working fine now since he came over a week ago so all is well. He did say (not for my fault, but a general question I asked him) use separate powders and not tablets he thinks in general they are better also cheaper in the long run. So after I have used all my tablets up we will try using separate powders/salts and see how it goes. He thinks long term they are better/cleaner for the machine. The main thing he said (and is what I do) is rinse the items out first under the tap. Its not a waste disposal machine.

Anyway thanks for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back