Bosch fridge freezer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Im new. I have a Bosch fridge freezer. Clasixx. On the light switch/temperature control, I have a small round button switch. Which way should the switch be? It is only a rocker switch and is about the size of a 5p piece. Down shows red , up hides the red. I have no manual, so am not sure what the switch does. I also assume the levels of temp 1 to 5 with 5 being the colder. Any help? Thanks :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I have been advised that my outhouse is too cold, therefore the unit cannot recognise the need to freeze. Have increased temp, and the unit now appears to be freezing the contents again. I am non plussed. I have never heard of that reason. I tried to download the instructions but was not able, as I dont know the answer to the question. I am still not sure what the little switch on the light unit does. Thanks for the reply.

Instead of clicking on download product manual, click on drop down menu at R.H.S. then select fridge freezers. This opens a page showing the different models, click on yours then click on additional info & voila download is available.

Sponsored Links
Instead of clicking on download product manual, click on drop down menu at R.H.S. then select fridge freezers. This opens a page showing the different models, click on yours then click on additional info & voila download is available.

quite normal as you only have one thermostat thats in the fridge so if the ambient room temperature is around 5 degrees the fridge will be cold enough so the compressor will never cool
if the room is say 13degrees the freezer will freeze but not cold enough [possibly averaging -3]you food in the freezer will last for no more than say 3 weeks

the room temperature needs to be nearer the usual 18 degrees for the freezer to maintain around -16 to -20 degrees

Thanks everyone. The switch I have been nagging about has 2 positions. The lower position, with red showing, is for when the unit is in a cooler room temperature than 20c. With the cold spell, my fridge room is way below this, hence the reason for my freezer not working correctly. Thanks. I am so pleased.

Bosch fridge freezer - KSV 28325GB

The fridge freezer lives in a kitchen where the temperature is below 18C for weeks on end. The freezer cut out last week and the contents started to thaw. The fridge section also warmed up with the water droplets on the interior back panel thawing and becoming drops of water. I realised what the problem was. I switched on the superfreeze/fast freeze switch and all came back on within an hour.

The problem is that the Bosch operating instructions suggest that this should be switched on only for 24 hours. We have run it for a week and intend doing so for several more - continuously. It seems to operate by activating the internal light, which apparently gives off enough warmth to fool the fridge into soldiering on.

My question is, can it harm the appliance to leave the superfreeze on for a prolonged period of time in this way?

your fridge must be frozen solid???
"fast freeze"
its only realy for when you plan on loading the freezer with say 30% extra food
you fast freeze for a few hours before before shopping and maybe 12 hours after

unless your freezer has seperate controls for freezer and fridge you cannot get it right unless its around 20 degrees where the set up is designed to keep the freezer around -14 to - 23 and the fridge at around +3 to +7

this is why the freezers in fridge freezers should only store frozen for a maximum off 6 months because the freezer temperature will be from minus lots to above freezing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back