Bosch maxx washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am toally at a loss ! I have the above model and it was washing away nicely the other day and then it came to drain/spin cycle and it will not complete its programme. It is still under guarantee so I rang them and they INSIST there is a flap/petrol cap affair somewhere near bottom of machine which is the filter housing unit. There is NOT on my machine and neither can I locate one after struggling with a machine sull of water which has now ripped my blasted vinyl flooring which I shall now have to replace too !!!
Anyone else any idea as to where I might find the fliter thingy please ??

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Is there a kickboard type fascia on the bottom of the washer? - This should pull back or come off to reveal the filter cap.. turn this - but keep a bowl or something handy, as the water will gush out.

Usually behind a flap on the right hand side, if you post the model number you will get more specific help

Sponsored Links
Nope no kickboard fascia, no flap to open or ANYTHING !
Simply put its a white solid cabinet and in the end I had to call out the retailer I bought it off, who also repairs machines. He and his colleague had to manhandle it out onto the patio where they were able to lean it sideways and were then able to access a kinda sump dump affair attached to the filter housing. After they had drained it they then took apart the filter housing and found lots of what looks to me to be shredded pipe just like to emptying hose is made of ! Same colour and feel etc. NOT good as this probably occurred at time of manufacture IMO. I have rung Bosch and pointed out to them their mistake in INSISTING I was wrong and they were right when I could clearly see the damn machine in front of me. Suffice to say they are now going to roll out an amendment to their training literature noting not ALL Maxx 5's are the same configuration, so maybe SOME good will come of my misfortune.
Its now working good as new but boy what a nightmare lol.
Thanks for your responses peeps x

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back