Bosch oven in Germany needs wireing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for some help.
1/ I've got a Bosch HET430f (HEE642D/01) and need to hard wire the unit. Thing is it was priviously wired to 'starck strom' 3phase but can be wired to normal 240v (actually has 3 different possibilities). The wires in the wall box are 3 x 2.5mm and currently have only a 20amp breaker in the box.

2/ The unit is a combi set up (oven and hot plate). I would like to put the oven in a wall unit and the hot plate on a bench on the oppisite side of the room. Is it possible to remove the controlers for the hot plate and wire them directly to the power supply (naturally enclosed)

3/ I live in Germany at the moment..but that's another problem all together.

Any help would be appriciated

Sponsored Links
1/ I've got a Bosch HET430f (HEE642D/01) and need to hard wire the unit. Thing is it was priviously wired to 'starck strom' 3phase but can be wired to normal 240v (actually has 3 different possibilities). The wires in the wall box are 3 x 2.5mm and currently have only a 20amp breaker in the box.
More info needed here. What power rating is the oven and at what volatge? Are there three phases present or only single phase and neutral? How was the old oven wired?

2/ The unit is a combi set up (oven and hot plate). I would like to put the oven in a wall unit and the hot plate on a bench on the oppisite side of the room. Is it possible to remove the controlers for the hot plate and wire them directly to the power supply (naturally enclosed)
Probably not. But what do the instruction say? I've tried googling to find them but any links I can find at all are 'auf Deutsch' and I wasn't very good at it at school!

Sounds intriguing...

Looking for some help.

Any help would be appriciated

I have met this combination before. It was a pair of appliances (oven and hob) designed to be connected together internally (by way of a special plug and socket) and only one electrical feed was taken to the oven. The hob then had its own feed directly from the oven - either single or 3 phase, dependin what was available and how it was connected (most german cookers are wired internally to accept 3 phases and can easily be connected to single phase by way of external links across the connections).
The reason the two appliances were connected together internally was so that diversity could be applied - this simply means that it was designed so that only a portion of the full electrical loading could be used at any one time. If I recall the oven I connected was a double oven and a 4 ring hob. It was impossible to have both ovens on together and only 2 rings with an oven or all 4 rings and no oven. That way, the electrical feed could be a standard 32amp supply using 6mm cable (after applying calculations for voltage drop etc!) without fear of overloading.

Therefore, in answer to your question, based on my previous experience, you would not be able to separate the two appliances without installing a second electrical supply feed to the hob. In addition, if you were to do this, it is quite likely you would need to change the internal wiring to the oven (and possibly the hob) so that all functions would work at all times without the diversity being applied.

Sponsored Links
Back