Bosch - Stagnant water smell

Since being re-plumbed into new house 3-months ago my Bosch EXXCEL abolutely stinks of stagnant water.

The plumber has checked and is adamant that there isn't a plumbing fault.

Rang Bosch and they recommended that I run three empty washes at 90c and that should sort it.

I did - it didn't.

Looking at replies on this very same subject I am wondering if anyone has ever actually called Bosch in (maybe under guarantee - as ours is, it's only a year old) and if so, what transpired.

We bought the machine in COSTCO (brilliant store) and they have said to return it for a refund. But they aren't stocking Bosch at the moment and I do really like the machine (it's my second Bosch in about 12-years).

I wonder what obligation Bosch is under - especially with the recent high profile problems throughout the UK (albeit mainly Scotland) with Legionnaire's Disease.

Sponsored Links
is the waste from your machine attached to the sink waste?

show us a picture. //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=129539

when you did the service wash, what temperature did you use? what temperature do you normally use?

When you took the soap drawer out to scrub it with hot water, did you also scrub out the slot in the front of the machine that the drawer slides into?

When you did your hot empty service washes, did the water go grey and foam up?

What did you find when you took the filter out to clean it?

Its not a fault of the manufactuer as a smell can only be something thats introduced into the machine in fact if were called out in the guarantee were supposed to charge the customer. This problem is made worse by using liquid or gel detergents on low temps as they dont dissolve properley and leave a grey stagnant smelling sludge in the machine i always recommend using powder tablets in the drawer and not Gels ,liquids,loose powder or tablets that have to go in the drum as they dont dissolve and leave powder streaks on clothing. Connecting onto a sink spigot dosent help either . Just ensure you do often do an empty boil wash with soda crystals or a Calgon tablet in the drum

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back