Bosch WAA28160GB/01 Replacement Drum bearings?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently replaced the main control board on the above Bosch and run
a couple of loads the last few days.

First couple were fine and I thought job done!

Guess I have been a bit unlucky though as the bearings seem to have collapsed during a wash today
(lump of plastic through to the drain filter) and now it sounds like an old iron gate....

I know these machines are of relatively poor quality relative to the german built machines,
but is it possible to get a replacement bearing kit for them?

Looking on the support site indicates the bearings may be not be available as seal parts are only shown for this model.

What do you think....landfill beckons or can it be fixed?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the link but I still cant seem to find details for the specific model.

Folk seem to sell the tub seal and shaft seal but no bearing kit... wtf?

Is there a specific bearing kit available....anyone?

http://www.espares.co.uk/parts?k=475047
http://www.espares.co.uk/parts?k=171291
You can buy the back half of the tub with the bearings & seal already fitted...or you can buy the seal on its own. The bearings are not sold as a separate part/kit. That being said there is nothing to stop you removing the old bearings & replacing them with new ones sourced elsewhere...providing you don’t bust anything doing it & assuming the seal bushing on the spider shaft is good (because you can’t buy that as a separate part either). If you got chewed up plastic in the drain/pump its because damaged bearings are causing the drum to rotate elliptically & scrape the inside of the front half of the tub. Whichever way you look at it it’s a time consuming fix & economically questionable.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Mike..........thats made my mind up........motor out and down the dump.

Build quality of these particular Bosch machines is frankly awful.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back