Bosch Washing Machine - clothes still wet after spinning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Model: Bosch Exxcel 1400 (WFO2864GB)

The original problem was that the drum wasn't rotating.

I replaced the brushes as described in another thread and things are looking much better. However, I'm finding that clothes as still wet after spinning.

Machine seems to be filling and draining ok.

New brushes are a bit noisy - but I guess this is to be expected until they wear in. I used non-Bosch replacement brushes ( http://tinyurl.com/ykzwkb6 ). Should these be up to the job?

Machine seems to be draining properly and I've checked for pipe blockages around the drain pump and the water level pressure chamber/switch - all appears ok

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
John

Sponsored Links
Sometimes when you replace the brushes the carbon dust while they are bedding in gets in the brush holders preventing the brushes from moving freely.
Some pattern parts a slightly the wrong size so can be stilff to move in the holders, just check and scrape down the brushes if needed so they move freely in the brush holders.

Is the armature/comutator damaged where the brushes touch as if the last set were left to wear down alot they can damage that as well.

Thanks Leccy758.

Now that you mention it, there was some resistance when I first pushed the brushes into the holder - but once all the way home they seemed to free up.

The old brushes were down to around 10mm in length. I didn't think the comutator was damaged, but it did look a bit worn. I'm not sure what amount of wear is acceptable. How can I tell?

Do you think the symptoms I've got are motor/brush related? i.e. drum just not spinning fast enough to get rid of water?

Sponsored Links
Thanks to both replies, I'm sorted now.

I think the problem was caused by a combination of both suggestions:-

Eparts replacement brushes were a little bit tight and needed to be ground down to loosen them off. Also the angle of contact against the comutator was wrong - I could see that brushes had just touching against one edge when I took them out. After a little bit of adjusting - all is now working great.

By the way, now that I'm aware of this issue, I'd still recommend the brushes from Espares (~£6.99 compared to £30+ for Bosch originals).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back