Bosch WFD2073 drive belt keeps coming off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All,
This prob is begining to get the better of me!
About 6 months ago I found the drive belt had come off. I found the big screw in the middle of the drive wheel was working itself loose. I fixed that with some threadlock which worked for a few months and the belt stayed in the right place.
Now I find the drive belt is coming off again after a few washes, but this time the knut is still tight. The drive wheel has a little play in it forward and back (about 5mm in each directionm measured from the circumferance of the drive wheel) in the plane of rotation (as if it is slipping slightly on the central hub/spindle) but the central screw is still tight.
The belt seems farily tight (about 1cm displacement).
I've also noticed the belt looks narrow(about 1cm) in width when compared to the motor drive shaft (about 2cm wide). The big drive wheel is about 2cm wide too.
Also occiasionally when the drum is turning slowly under load it makes a scary rough noise, as if someting might be grinding.
The machine is about 5 years old. Drum turns freely when empty, and has no forward/back play.
No signs of smoke, but some graphite dust around the central hub, not much though.
Any suggestions as to how I can keep the machine on the road and not send to landfill will be appreciated.
with thanks to all who reply,
a

Sponsored Links
land fill time collar gone on the drum complete drum req .

Thanks for advice Rocks1/
Turns out I managed to fix it by putting some thread sealer on the middle screw. has doen the trick and stopped the screw from coming out, and so stopped the belt sliping off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back