Bosch WFK2200 Washing Machine - Conditioner not filling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a problem with our WFK2200. I am really reluctant to give up on it as apparently it is one of the best ones ever made by Bosch in terms of longevity.

It has had this particualr problem for years.

I am sure it shares many traits with the WFK2300, WFK2400, etc. and a few Neff and Siemens Washing Machines.

I am not sure if the problem is related but...

it will not fill the actual portion of the tray for the main wash when set on any fabric type at less than 40 deg.

Also, I have no idea when the fabric conditioner portion of the tray should receive water or if there is a button that needs to be pressed (which can switch this fill on or off).

I have taken out the tray and the whole assembly. Water goes through every orifice so it does not appear to be blocked.

I am wondering if I can test the twin solenoid (valve magnet) on the rear for voltage and at what point.

I was thinking I could switch over the mains fill pipe with the conditioner pipe to see if the internal structure of the tray filler is clear.

Clearly it could be a number of things and I would really appreciate some advice on method of testing and hopefully resolving this minor issue.

Sponsored Links
I got around to testing voltages on the double valve solenoid.

There appears to be no voltage to the yellow side but there is to the white side.

Basically, the WM main wash will not fill below 40 degrees and I had worked out that this is the likely culprit.

The yellow side seems to fill the main wash but the white side (which does receive 240 Volts) I believe fills the rinse cycle (which does not work).

The machine also stops after the main wash on the rinse cycle until you press the Start button again. Then that does not fill.

There is little information on the internet about fault finding on Bosch WFK2200 washing machines.

However, I did read that the fill level switch if faulty could possibly stop the feed to the fill from working.

It does wash above 40 degrees but only the hot water fill works to achieve this. I have isolated that by switching it onto 40 cycle and switching hot feed off and the water stops. Then nothing from the cold feed.

There does not appear to be any filters in the incoming cold feed hose or on the solenoid side.

Solenoid buzzs when switched on.

Any ideas would be appreciated especially what could be stopping voltage to the yellow side of the solenoid valve (with the exception of a broken wire),

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back