Bosch wft2800 washing machine problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am new the forum so not sure if what I am doing is right, please excuse me if its wrong,
We had a power cut this morning whilst Our washing machine a Bosch wft2800 was running, when the power came back on the machine didnt, have checked the fuse in the plug which is ok, does any one have any idea's: There is just no power, none of the lights are coming on, its just dead, cry:

Sponsored Links
None at all, sorry.

Presumably you have tried turning it off then on again, resetting it, pressing the start button?

Add the model number to your post, using the "edit" button, and also change the "Subject" to give a clue what the problam is.

Do you have voltage at the socket? Try another appliance in it to confirm...or use an extension cable & plug the washer into a socket you know is good. BTW is this a washer/dryer? Post the full "E-number" on the door sticker for best response...it should look something like this WFT2800GB/11.

Hi thanks for that but have tried all that the house electrics are good, its the machine, there just seem to be no life in it, not sure they have reset buttons, but have tried all the other stuff, like turning it on etc, the full model no is WFT2800GB13FD 780800104

Sponsored Links
mine is not the same model, but my controls are like this:

View media item 1635
so I would turn the controls to "off", unplug it, plug it back in, set the controls for a wash and press start. With luck the programme timer control has got confused and this might make it start from the beginning (it will probably pump out all the water and then start filling again, if it does)

Mine totaly different, have tried all that, nothing is happening at all, no lights no nothing

So it is a washer/dryer then...?
Do you own a multimeter & feel comfortable about using it on live circuits?
If the answer to the above is no...then please call qualified assistance.
When there is an interruption in the power supply the program status is retained in the memory. When power is restored, the program should start where it left off. You may have experienced a power surge & this has damaged the electronics or blown the mains interference suppressor, but it could be any one of a number of things. I'm afraid the only way to find out is to start measuring what has (or doesn't have) voltage. The only way to do this is by using a multimeter.

I did think it was the suppressor my self but unfortunately my meter is at work, it will have to wait till tomorrow

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back