Bosch/Worcester Heatslave 26/32

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When the boiler is off (HW&CH) the water pressure reads 1bar, when it's in full flow it reaches 2. Having read the servicing instructions it should be 1.5 bar - is this when not in use or when in full flow? Not all rads are heating up so I'm wandering whether I need to add some water to the system?

Much appreciate help on this.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
The pressure gauge is purely for the central heating. 1 bar is fine but rising up to 2 is a bit over the top and probably the expansion vessel needs recharging with air.
If you bleed your rads, you'll need to add water to replace the air that is expelled. This is done via the filling loop and it adds fresh mains water to the central heating return pipe.
John :)

Many thanks. On a more serious note oil is dripping from the burner when the CH come on, it appears to be coming from above the pressure adjustment screw (which I think is the mechanical shut off valve). Still using my heating but engineer i use is currently housebound - am I still OK to use my boiler?

Many thanks. On a more serious note oil is dripping from the burner when the CH come on, it appears to be coming from above the pressure adjustment screw (which I think is the mechanical shut off valve). Still using my heating but engineer i use is currently housebound - am I still OK to use my boiler?

Yes if you can afford it, oil is like gold dust so get it repaired as soon as pos.
Regards.
spraggo

Sponsored Links
Thanks - it's only a small drip and going straight back into the tank.

On the pressure issue, all rads have been aired and still a couple take ages to warm up - is it that I need to balance them all i.e. a few are very hot!

It does sound like your system needs balancing, as water will take the easy route around the house if possible.
Go to the hottest rads one at a time and turn the lockshield valves off, and then back on only 1 full turn. The chances are your cool rads will start to heat.
Be lucky and stay warm!
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back