Bosh Maxx "End" light not coming on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Bosh Maxx WFL2450. At the end of a cycle the "Active" light remains on but the "End" light does not come on. We just have to wait to be sure the cycle has completed and then switch the machine off. Not crucial but annoying. I suspect a relay. How do find the the fault, please.

Thanks

Crew

Sponsored Links
Had this problem myself and its a pcb controller or dead led issue.
There is no economic fix unless you can trouble shoot pcb's
Something I learned to live with -machine has worked for over 12mths
without any other issues though....

Thanks for this cjapeterborough. I would guess the pcb at fault rather than the leds as the "active" led should go out even if the "end" led does not come on. I may investigate the pcb.

Thanks again.

Crew

Before condemning the machine try this first;
Turn the program selector off - press & hold the 2 function buttons nearest the selector switch - turn the program selector clockwise to the "easy care 30C" program. Are any of the 3 LED's flashing? if so which.

Sponsored Links
Hi Zipper
Sorry for the delay but got involved in other things. We don't intend to scrap the machine just because it can't decide when it has finished, I know the feeling.
So. No lights flashing, but End and Active on continuous.
Crew

Thanks for this even though not good news. Can you tell me how difficult it is to change the pcb on a Bosh Maxx WFL2450? Oh, and would you say it worth the expense for a ten year old machine?

Well its not very difficult to change the pcb but imho it isnt worth spending
mega bucks on a new PCB.
A good option would be to try a 2nd hand outlet or Ebay for example ifyou
really cant live with the lack of the feedback led.
The other option put the few quid towards a new machine.
With average use and 10 years old the bearings cant last forever!

Have you tried emw or qer for a recon pcb normally 1/3 of the price of a new one.

Thanks for all your help Zipper and Rocks. I may look into a recon pcb but I do not intend to spend much on an oldish machine. So far it has been no trouble so it doesn't owe us anything.
Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back